Connecticut's Cold Cases
New Page 2

Custom Search

For more Connecticut cases visit Connecticut Page 2 and Connecticut Page 3.

Updated: 7-3-2017. Disappearance of Irene Larosa added and Baby Hope Girl on Connecticut Page 1.

If you have a case that you would like submitted please visit the contact page. If you send us an email and haven't heard back regarding a case please send it again. We lost an email sent on 5-1-2009 regarding an unsolved Hartford homicide. Please send it again.

40 Years Later and Still No Trace. Is her Disappearance Linked To Several Others?

Lisa White On November 1st of 1974, 13 year old Lisa White left her home in Vernon to visit a friends house in the Rockville section of town. When she finished visiting her friend, she left to go home and was last seen on Prospect Street. She has not been heard from since. She was described at the time as having blonde hair, blue eyes, 5 feet tall and 110 pounds.

Lisa's disappearance was the third of five in a ten year time frame in the area of Vernon. On July 24, 1968, 13 year old, Debra Spickler vanished from Henry Park. Five years later on July 26th of 1973, 7 year old Janice Pockett disappeared just blocks from her home in the neighboring town of Tolland. In 1975, 20 year old Vernon Resident Susan Larosa was reported as missing and found deceased years later in a wooded area just miles from her home just a few hundred yards from Interstate 84. Patricia Luce, then 18, disappeared in July of 1978 after a trip to a convenience store in Vernon, she was found deceased years later in a wooded area of Marlborough, several towns away.

The July 21, 1975 the suspicious death of Stephanie Olisky happened two towns away from where Lisa White disappeared. The 15 year old town resident had been found near death on Route 5 in East Windsor. She died days later from complications of serious head trauma, the manner of death is undetermined.

On August 16, 1975 the body of an unidentified woman was found behind an old department store on Frontage Road, not far from Interstate 95 in East Haven. She had been bound and gagged and was estimated to be between the ages of 18 to 29 years old, Police estimate she had been killed days earlier. Her identity and murderer are still unknown. For more information on this case click on this link.

On March 26, 1976 thirteen year old Dawn Peterson was found murdered a block away from her home in North Windham. She had been bludgeoned to death. A teenaged neighbor named Andrew Carr was tried for her murder but acquitted. Her homicide occurred just a few towns away from the disappearances in Vernon and Tolland. Her murder is still unsolved.

August 27, 1978, 17 year old Janette Reynolds vanished on her way hitchhiking from Middletown to her hometown of Griswold. She had been last seen at Four Corners in Colchester allegedly getting into an International Scout (car) that was believed to be blue and had a white top. The car had been seen heading eastward on Route 16. Nearly a year later, Reynolds was found deceased March 25, 1979 in Groton under the Gold Star Memorial Bridge. Her murder still has not been solved.

It was thought many years ago that many of these cases could have been linked yet no strong evidence has ever proved that. Over the years arrests were made in other sexual assaults, two individuals particularly stand out. One a former volunteer firefighter. 12 9 15 23 13 26 __ 9 8 7 22 15 26 The other a former metalshop teacher. Both men are alive and still live in state. Additional information on Lisa White can be found at the Charley Project. If you have any information regarding the disappearances of Lisa White and Debra Spickler and the murder of Patricia Luce please call the Vernon Police Department at 860-872-9126. For information regarding Janice Pockett, Dawn Peterson and Janette Reynolds, call the Connecticut State Police at 860-779-4900. Any information on the murder of Stephanie Olisky can be relayed to East Windsor Police at (860) 292-8254.

Below is a black and white photograph of a young cheerleading team that has pictures of both Lisa White (2nd from right in back row) and Patti Luce (2nd from left in front row). Photo is believed to be from the late 60s or early 70s. Photo was provided by Lisa White's mother.

In March of 2013, skeletal remains were found in Vernon near an old landfill. The area was located off of West Street, not far from where Lisa White and Debra Spickler had vanished and/or lived. A skull, femur and a hip bone were recovered. DNA tests ruled out the remains from belonging to either Janice Pockett, Lisa White and Debra Spickler. It is believed that the remains belong to a white female in her thirties or forties. No Manner or Cause of death has been determined for the person that died.

UPDATE 6-15-2015, the remains have been determined by DNA to belong to 43 year old Carol Shapiro of nearby Manchester who went missing in 2007. Though no cause or manner of death was found, she did leave a suicide note before she disappeared.

UPDATE 6-2-2017, Disappearance of Irene Larosa added 46 years after she was supposedly last seen by family members in the town of Ellington. Family members estimate she may have been last seen on March 1, 1971. At first it was believed she had run away but it looks like she may have been a party to foul play. Irene Larosa is ironically the sister in law of Susan Larosa. Irene was the sister of Susan's husband at the time of her murder. Irene was believed to be around 17 years old at the time of her disappearance. She was white with dark colored hair. Picture is included.

From Left to Right: Janice Pockett, Susan Larosa, Debra Spickler, Patti Luce, Stephanie Olisky, Janette Reynolds, Unidentified Victim in East Haven, Dawn Peterson, two sketches of what Unidentified Female Skeletal Remains Found in Vernon in 2013 (identified as Carl Shapiro) and Irene Larosa.

janice pockettSusan LarosaDebra Spickler Patricia Luce Stephanie Olisky Janette Reynolds Unidentified East Haven Victim Dawn Petersen Irene Larosa

Two Murders with Victims Who Remain Unidentified

A grisly discovery occurred when an Unidentified female estimated to be in her mid-twenties that was found in garbage bags near the railroad tracks on Myrtle Street in New Britain across from what used to be the Fafnir Bearing Company. The victim was found by a survey crew on October 11, 1991, she is probably white or light skinned Hispanic. She has been described as being five feet, five inches tall and around 130-135lbs. She was shot in the head and was deceased for approximately two months. The victim was wearing a white sun dress with no sleeves. The sun dress has a pattern of panda bears consisting of a panda holding a red ice cream, a panda holding a red umbrella, a panda holding a yellow heart, and two pandas holding each other. She had a small tooth that protruded from her mouth that gave her a distinctive smile. See picture.

In late August of 2004, the remains of a human leg were found at the Shuttle Meadow Golf Course near the border with the town of Berlin. Despite an extensive search no other remains were found. The victim remains to date unidentified but it is believed that she may have been a white male between the ages of forty to sixty years of age.

IF you have any information about any of these crimes, please call the police at 860-826-3069 or 860-826-3000. All calls will be confidential.

One Woman Dead, One Woman Missing, One Suspect

Nineteen year old Mary Aaron Frattalone (pictured left) went missing July 2, 1981. Her skeletal remains were found a month later in a wooded area of the Rte 123 and Rte 15 Commuter Lot in the Norwalk/New Canaan area. Her cause of death has never been determined. Before she went missing she and her husband (James "Purple" Aaron) had discussed getting a divorce. The Connecticut State Police list her death as a homicide and suspicion has fallen on her now ex-husband.

Years later on February 1st 1985, Twenty year old, April Grisanti went missing from Anthony's Cafe on Main Street in Norwalk. To date she has never been found. Her then boyfriend James "Purple" Aaron was the last person seen with her. Hours earlier they had a physical fight. Aaron was eventually convicted of her kidnapping but has denied killing her. The mother of Grisanti successfully sued Aarons for damages that her daughter had suffered before she went missing. Aarons is looked at as a person of interest in her disappearance.

The two cases have gotten some attention recently and the Connecticut State Police have made these two cases a high priority.

Anyone with information about the death of Mary Aaron is asked to contact the Connecticut State Police Western District Major Crime Squad at the numbers listed below. Connecticut State Police Western District Major Crime Squad (800) 376-1554, (203) 267-2220 You can email them at Wdist.mcs.sec@po.state.ct.usd

If you have any information about the disappearance or murder of April Grisanti you are urged to call the Norwalk Police Department at 1-283-854-3000.

Justice Is Still Elusive in New Haven Hit And Run Fatality

It was early Saturday morning on August 20, 1994 when 24 year old Richard Riccio and a group of his friends were walking on the Tomlinson Bridge on Forbes Avenue near Waterfront Street. Riccio was struck and killed by a vehicle described as being white, gray, or light-colored. It was a small to midsize car, possibly of Japanese make, maybe a newer model. Witnesss accounts state that the car was driven by a male with a possible female passenger in it. It is believed that the vehicle sustained damage to the front end and hood area, the front grille, and a smashed front window. The car was last seen driving from Styles Street over the Q Bridge, off Interstate-95 into the James Street area. The State of Connecticut has authorized a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for this for this crime. If you have information you may contact the New Haven Police at 203-946-6304.


Innocence Stolen Forever

On June 22, 1977, eight year old Renee Freer left her home on Williams Drive in Monroe at 6pm that evening to visit a friend whose house was just up the street. When she didn't return, a relative started to look for her. Not finding her, the relative called the police at 9:15 pm. Her lifeless body was found at 10:12pm that evening about 300 yards from her house near Hattertown Road. The young girl from Monroe, CT had been bludgeoned to death. Her skull was bludgeoned and a large stone was found nearby. She had last been seen wearing a blouse and shorts. When her body was discovered the collar of the blouse was found slightly torn. To this date, no one has been charged with this horrendous crime. There is a 50,000 dollar reward being offered in this criminal case. If you have any information about this brutal crime, please call Lt. Stuart at the Monroe Police Department at 203-261-3622.


No Arrest Yet in Murder of Restaurant Owner

Back in 1973, Joseph Pellicci was a member of a family that owned the Stamford restaurant named Pellicci's Restaurant. He was reported missing on February 4, 1973, his car found abandoned on Wyndover Road. Ten days later two of his pistols were found on the ice covered Greenwich Reservoir. His body was eventually found on March 2nd in the town of North Salem, New York. He had been shot twice in the head.

It was revealed later that the lead investigator of the Pellicci murder case was on the payroll of a New York Mafia family. He died before he was convicted of various criminal charges. It is not known if the deceased detective had anything to do with this case not being solved. There are two suspects in this homicide, one has since died. If you have any information about this cold case, please call the Stamford Police Department at 203-977-4417. There is a monetary reward.


Home Invasion Leads To Brutal Execution

At 10pm on the Saturday evening of April 15th 2000, Dean Meade was standing with two friends outside his home in the North End of Hartford. Meade and his friends had just returned from New York City that night. Two men walked up to his house at 65 Woodstock Street and pointed a handgun at Meade and forced the three of them inside. One of Meade's friends was tied up with duct tape and blindfolded. The intruders kept on asking Meade ``Where is the money? When Meade did not produce any money he was shot several times in the chest and abdomen. The 29 year old was pronounced dead shortly afterwards. Meade had been a drug dealer but the father of five had been in the process of turning his life around. To this date, his murderers still have not been brought to justice. If you any information about this crime please contact the Hartford Police Department at 860-543-8720.


Infamous Murder of Wealthy Greenwich Teen Solved.

Martha Moxley Michael Skakel in 2002 Perhaps no murder in the state of Connecticut has been the focus of more books, television shows and talk than that the brutal killing of fifteen year old Martha Moxley. The beautiful teenager from Greenwich was found dead on the afternoon of November 1st 1975 just two hundred yards from her home near some bushes. A Medical Examiner revealed that she had died from blunt force trauma due to being beaten with a golf club. She had been last seen the night before with a next door neighbor, seventeen year old Tommy Skakel. Skakel is the biological nephew of Ethel Kennedy (the wife of former Presidential Candidate and Senator, Robert Kennedy). For several decades, it had been rumored that Tommy Skakel killed Martha Moxley but allegations of wealth and political connections had prevented a case from being successfully pursued.

Another person of interest was the family tutor by the name of Kenneth Littlefield. There was also a sketch of a mystery suspect that was relayed by a security guard who was working in the same neighborhood where the murder took place. In 2003, (Gitano "Tony" Bryant) a relative of NBA Basketball player Kobe Bryant, claimed that two of his high school friends were the ones that committed the murder. The "friends" were identified but denied having anything to do with the crime. CONVICTION: On June 7, 2002, a jury returned a verdict and found Michael Skakel guilty of murdering fifteen year old Marth Moxley. Skakel who was fourteen at the time of the murder did not become a prime suspect until a few years prior to the Grand Jury Indictment. He was convicted based on testimony of others in that he had confessed to killing Moxley. Why did Michael Skakel beat and stab Martha Moxley with a golf club? It is believed that Michael Skakel had a crush on Martha Moxley and killed in her in a jealous rage when he saw her and Tommy Skakel kissing. As a teenager, Michael Skakel had problems with drugs and alcohol. He is currently serving a prison sentence of 20 years to life. To this day, he and members of the Kennedy family maintain his innocence.

10-23-2013. Michael Skakel has been granted a new trial in the 1975 murder of Greenwich teenager Martha Moxley. A case that was solved 12 years ago now it looks like it may be unsolved again. It may be harder for the State of Connecticut to prove that Michael Skakel was responsible for this crime due to several witnesses passing away. It is not known, who the defense team of Michael Skakel will claim to have committed the crime.

IF you have any information about who is responsible for killing Martha Moxley please contact Greenwich Criminal Investigations at (203)622-8018.

Two Different Glastonbury Murders over 25 Years Ago May Have a Common Link

On Nov. 26, 1980 someone got away with murder. That night around 11:30pm 54 year old Paul Harris said goodbye to his wife and planned to drive to his late shift job at Pratt & Whitney. As a Foreman, he was responsible for disciplining workers and even firing them. In the months preceding his death, he had his car vandalized. That cold night in November, he was ambushed as he was getting into his car and hit several times with a blunt instrument that was never identified. He most likely died after the first couple of blows and his pockets were searched, his Pratt & Whitney watch stolen and his 1967 Buick station wagon had been driven by the killer and abandoned a quarter of a mile away near a Route 2 underpass. Police believe that the killer waited for Harris at his Neipsic Road home in Glastonbury and carefully planned this crime. It is likely that Harris most likely knew his killer. Several suspects were looked at but one in particular, an individual that was fired by the murdered foreman.

If you have any information on the murder of Paul Harris, please contact the Glastonbury Police Department at (860) 633-8301.

St. Patricks Day of 1982 the partially naked body of Leslie St. Laurent was found off of an embankment on Route 2 in Glastonbury. She was found strangled near the Wassuc Road Exit, nearly three weeks after she had been reported missing. It is possible that she was murdered the day she went missing due to her being found in the same clothes she had last been seen in. Police do not believe that robbery or sexual assault were the reason for her homicide. However, an ex-boyfriend has been a person of interest in this case. The same person who has also been looked at for the murder of Paul Harris. If you have any information about this case please call the Connecticut State Police at 860-685-8190.


Unknown Hit and Run Driver Still Eludes Justice

On December 23, 1982, 15 year old Sherry Miller and her brother in law were walking along Route 101 in the town of Dayville, just miles from the Rhode Island border. Just before 9PM that night, She was fatally hit by an older model dark-colored pick-up-truck. The vehicle was described as having damage to the right front side it was also missing a mirror and a radio antennae. It has been 25 years since this hit and run driver has eluded justice and her family desperately wants to find the individual(s) responsible for her untimely death. If you have any information, please call the State Police at Troop D at 860-779-3900.


Still No Arrest in Slaying of Mother of Four

East Hartford Police have a major break in a decade old cold cases and are looking for additional information to solve the murder of a 27 year old mother of four children.

Sometime during the late hours of June 21, 2000 or early morning hours of June 22, 2000; Sherryann Harris was a victim of an unsolved homicide. While she was being murdered, her four young children were upstairs asleep in their home at 9 Wyllis Street. The bloody and naked body of Harris was found outside her home on the sidewalk by a passing neighbor.

Retired Lt. Curt Stoldt, who was the Public Information Officer for the East Hartford Police Department had this to say about developments in the case a few years ago.

"We know that there are people out there in the community who have information that could help solve this case. They may not realize how valuable their information is. We ask that they come forward and get that information to investigators. These people may be eligible for the reward and can help bring justice to this incident and a needed sense of closure to survivors."

There is a 30,000 dollar reward for information leading to the capture of her killer. East Hartford Police have physical evidence that belongs to a person of interest in this case. Additional information is needed in order to make an arrest in this case. If you have any information about the murder of Sherryann Harris please call the East Hartford Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at (860)528-1496. You can also call the Crime Tip Line (860)289-9134. All callers can remain anonymous if they choose.

A Drug Recovery Counselor Disappears

40 year old Mary Menard was last seen in the city of New Britain when she disappeared on October 11, 2003. She went to go get cigarettes and was never seen again. At the time of her disappearance, she wore a yellow sweater and blue jeans. She also had a tattoo of a rose on the right side of her chest. She was an alcoholic years ago who cleaned herself up and became an drug and recovery counselor. She had become romantically involved with a client and started using illegal drugs. It is possible that this client could be responsible for her disappearance. If you have any information about this case please contact the Waterbury Police Department at (203) 574-6941.

9-26-2014: Her remains have been identified as being the third set of skeletal remains found behind a New Britian Strip Mall on Hartford Road(see case above). She is believed to be a victim of a serial killer. $150,000 is being offered by the state of Connecticut to capture and convict this serial killer.


Answers Still Being Sought in Slaying of Woman

On September 20, 1986, Virginia Duclos Bruce was brutally murdered in Hamden, Connecticut. She was left dead in a trash receptacle off of Morse Street. She had been repeatedly stabbed. The then 28 year old mother of two had been seen hours earlier in the Highwood Bar and Grill not far from where she was found deceased. The State of Connecticut is offering a twenty thousand dollar reward for information leading to the conviction of those guilty of her murder. If you have any information please contact the Hamden Police Department at (203)230-4000. Her family is still devastated by this crime and want answers and justice.


Looking For Leads In 16 Year Old's Murder

On June 1, 2004, 16 year old Jessica Rose Keyworth, was found strangled and found down stairs in an old abandoned house located at 23-25 Pearl St in Waterbury, CT. On May 30, she had taken a local train from Bridgeport, CT to Stratford, CT and then another train to Waterbury alone. She was supposed to meet friends at their house and then they were to all drive together back to Job Corps in Devens, Massachusetts. Police are trying to find out what happened in the 24 hours prior to her being found deceased. A picture of Jessica as well as a shirt she was last wearing are attached. Her family is filled with grief and are looking for answers. There is $50,000.00 reward being offered and you can contact the Waterbury Police Department at 203-574-6941 if you have vital information.


Family Searches for Justice

It was June 30, 1985, when some people fishing came across a brutal discovery. Right under the I-91 overpass near the Connecticut River, lay the 98 pound body of 29 year old Raquel Ramirez. The mother of three had been beaten and strangled. She had last been seen alive at the Amigo Cafe on Park Street in Hartford. Witnesses allege that she was involved in an argument with a man. She had been slapped and shoved into a car. At the time of her disappearance, she wore blue jeans, a blouse with a dragon print, and shoes.

The State of Connecticut is offering a $20,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the homicide or Raquel Ramirez. Please contact the Hartford Police Department if you have any information at 860-757-4000.

Who Brutally Executed a Sixty Year old Grandmother of Three?

On the evening on June 9, 1979. Sixty year old grandmother Anthonina Raibikis was attacked at the driveway of the home of her daughter in the town of Wolcott. Moments earlier, she and her sister had just closed her package store in nearby Waterbury. As soon as she arrived at her daughter's house at 545 Boundline Road, her sister was assaulted by an unknown male attacker. Her sister got away but was badly bruised. The unknown assailant then pressed a gun against the head of Raibikis and shot her. He then took her purse which contained several hundred dollars and fled. At the time of the crime the police found cigarette butts at the scene. Twenty five years later DNA tests were run against saliva found on those cigarette butts. What Detectives found, shocked them. The DNA also matched that of a perpetrator of an still unsolved sexual assault in 1995 in the town of New Milford. To date this is the only unsolved homicide in the town of Wolcott. There is a twenty thousand dollar reward for information leading to the arrest of conviction of the persons involved in the murder of Raibikis. If you have any information about this case you are asked to call Wolcott Police Captain Robert Charette at 203-879-1414 or Inspector Joseph Forte at 203-236-8130. All calls can be confidential.


Questions Surround Rhode Island Man's Death Weeks After Disappearance and Confrontation


Thirty-one year old Christopher Schmeller was reported missing by friends on September 30, 2002. On October 10, 2002 Tuesday morning about 10 feet down an embankment in a wooded area near the weigh station, his body was found. The Westerly Rhode Island Fisherman had died as a result of blunt trauma. The area was just off of Interstate 95 in Waterford, Connecticut and has had dead bodies left there before. The 1997 murder of 41 year old Rene Pellegrino was solved and Dickie Anderson was convicted in her murder. In April of 2002 the decomposed remains of 43 year old Philip Scaplen of Niantic was found and his death was never determined. There is no indication that Schmeller's case is linked to the other bodies found in the same area. Police from both Connecticut and Rhode Island have worked on the case and have labeled Schmeller's death as a homicide. A friend of his had reported that he was last seen at the Superior Court House in Wakefield and had been nervous about finding a ride home because of an individual he had feared was there at the time. The victim had in the past been arrested numerous times and has associated with a bad crowd.

If you have any information about the suspicious death of Christopher Schmeller please contact the Waterford Police Department at (860)442-9451 or the Westerly, Rhode Island Police Department at 401-596-2022.


Reward Offered in New Haven Slaying

Terrance Driffin was only 23 years old when his life was stolen from him. He had been on his way to visit his girlfriend when he was gunned down at 365 Shelton Avenue on May 5, 2007. His murder was the first of 11 that year in the city. Law Enforcement has run into problems with his case because people have not come forward with vital information. Driffin’s uncle is Ron Smith, the City Clerk of New Haven. Sadly this is not the first time, Smith has lost a family member to violence. He had a nephew and sister also die from gun violence. Someone knows what happened to Driffin and there is a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for his murder.

If you have any information about the murder of Terrance Driffin please call the New Haven Police Department at (203) 946-6304 or (866) 888-TIPS. All calls can be confidential.

Did the Double Homicide of Two People Lead to the Disappearance of Another?

Gladys Punch and Warren Tarkington, both in their seventies, who were shot to death in St. Lawrence Cemetery off of Derby Street in West Haven . The brazen murder happened on September 5th of 1994 during the daytime as the two were visiting the grave of Glady’s husband. Punch who was a retired nurse, would visit her late husband’s gravesite several times a week. Her brother Warren, was a former merchant seaman had come in from New York City to visit her for her upcoming birthday. The two were then accosted in what police believe was an attempted robbery. They were both shot dead with a firearm. They are now buried in the same cemetery where they were murdered. There were two young men seen near the cemetery at the time of the double homicide. If you have any information about this case please call 1-866-623-8058.

Police also believe that the disappearance of 20 year old Jerry Dolphin from New Haven could be related to the unsolved double killings. Dolphin may have seen or had information as to who was responsible for the murders. He has been missing since the mid October of 1994 and police believe he is a victim of foul play. There is a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrests and conviction of those person(s) responsible for the disappearance/murder of Dolphin. If you have information about the disappearance of Jerry Dolphin please call the New Haven Police Department tips line at 1-866-888-TIPS

No Arrests in Murder of Mother of Two

Anne Marie Caro had just turned 37 years old when a relative found her murdered in her home on Stafford Avenue in Mansfield. It was August 28th of 2005, and the former middle school teacher and mother of two school aged boys was last known to have returned from her job at a Home Depot in Manchester. The police have not named any suspects and it was determined that she had been strangled. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the state police at 860-886-6603. There is a fifty thousand dollar reward leading to information that will assist in the arrest and conviction of her murderer(s). All correspondence can remain confidential.


Highway Murder of Woman Still Unsolved

19 year old Jackie Liriano was a mother of a two year old child when she was last seen at the Southington Connecticut Rest Area at Interstate 84 east on the evening of July 11, 1985. She arrived at the rest stop in a brown car with two other black females. Liriano was found on Interstate 84 in Tolland days later on July 14, 1985. She was a victim of murder. She was described as being 5'6 tall and 110 pounds. She had short curly black hair and brown eyes. Her clothing was described as two-tone designer jeans, a white camisole, a black nylon jacket, black shoes, a black pocketbook and white beaded earrings. There is a reward authorized for information leading to the arrest and conviction of her killer(s). Please contact the Connecticut State Police at (860) 886-6603 or at (860) 685-8190, 24 hours a day.


A Suspicious Disappearance

Aug. 20, 1984, that was the last time anyone had ever heard from then 38-year-old Mary Badaracco. According to her husband Dominic, she had abruptly left their home in Sherman. He claimed she took a hundred thousand dollars in cash and assorted goods. Her personal belongings were gone with only her wedding ring and car keys left behind on the kitchen counter. One other unusual item was that the windshield of her car had been smashed. It's been over twenty years and the whereabouts of this mother of two are still unknown. Dominic Badaracco has been named by Law Enforcement as a suspect in his wife's disappearance. The case has been classified by the State Police as a homicide. It is known that a son of Dominic Badaracco has also had ties to different criminal organizations and he has been looked at as well. However, Dominic Badaracco has stated that he had nothing to do with her disappearance. There is a $50,000 reward offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for her disappearance and/or homicide. You can also visit a website by one of her daughters, by clicking here.

June 28, 2013, Dominic Badaracco has been convicted of trying to bribe a Superior Court Judge to influence a Grand Jury Investigation into his former wife's disappearance. Still no word as to who killed Mary Badaracco or where her remains might be.

Homicide still unsolved decade later

On January 12, 1998, a passerby found the body of Gertrude Ochankowski in a wooded area off of Tartia Road in East Hampton. Her body was left in a stream in an area known as Engel’s Falls. She had been murdered by strangulation. She had been reported missing earlier that day when her motor vehicle was found still running in the 82 Main Street front parking lot. The place of business where her car was found was a laundromat. Her dog had been left in the car. "Trudy" as she was known as, may have been murdered the day before. There is a 50,000 reward being offered for information leading to the conviction of the person(s) responsible for the sixty year old mother of adult children. If you have any information about this case, you are urged to call the East Hampton Police Department at 860-267-9922 or the Cold Case Unit at 860-548-0606 or toll-free at 1-866-623-8058.

December 11, 2013. Gerald Brian Tuttle,of South Carolina has been arrested for her murder. He had been a one time resident of the town of East Hampton and had previously served prison time for a sexual assault in the late 80s.

Police Hope to Solve Murder of Unidentified Baby

The Fairfield Police Department call him “Victor”, but in reality they don’t know his name. The newborn was found murdered on March 14, 1986 in the Lake Mohegan land owned by the town of Fairfield. He had been suffocated and had his jaw broken. The body was found in such a way, that Police believe the killer(s) wanted it to be discovered. There was also evidence that the killing and burial may have been a ritual of somesort. The newborn was wrapped in a pair of adult pajamas. His body was surrounded by pieces of fruit, coins, food and other objects that suggested some sort of unusual religious custom. Fairfield Police believe it could be related to Santeria or a religion similar to it.

In 2011, Police announced a possible breakthrough in the case. There was evidence that a baby was born in a bathroom stall at an old a red brick building that housed a bank data-processing center located in the Kings Highway/Black Rock Turnpike traffic circle; hours before the discovery of Baby Victor’s body The building has since been torn down and was replaced by a Sym's clothing store. Police believe that someone working there at the time may know who had given birth in the stall. It is possible that the baby was the one found dead in Lake Mohegan.

The State of Connecticut has a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of individuals involved in the unsolved murder of baby Victor. If you have any information please call the Detective Division at the Fairfield Police Department at 203-254-4840. All calls will be kept confidential. You can also leave a tip online at

Young Man Shot Outside of Family's Store

On February 10, 1990 Luis Gonzalez was working at his parent's grocery store on 1160 State Street in Bridgeport Connecticut. At about 6:30pm, someone asked him to step out of the store to talk. He walked outside the store and was talking with three men. One of the men shot him in his chest once and all three ran away. Luis although shot in the chest was able to walk back inside the store. He climbed over the counter and dialed 911. His Mother who heard a shot came to his aid and drove him to Park City Hospital in Bridgeport. Luis walked inside the hospital and was attended to by staff. He was unfortunately pronounced dead a short time later.

If you have any information about this case you are urged to call (203)581-5201. The family of Luis Gonzalez is looking for justice. Maybe you can help them.

What Happened to This Waterbury Man

31 year old William Smolinski was last seen around 3:45 pm at his residence at 130 Holly Street on August 24, 2004. The Waterbury man was last seen by a neighbor and asked that person to watch his dog. Smolinski indicated that he was going to leave for a period of three days. That was the last time he was seen. He left behind personal belongings such as his vehicle and wallet. Billy's family for the last two years have been actively looking for him and have placed fliers with his picture on them in the surrounding towns where he was last seen. There has been visual documentation of Billy's ex-girlfriend ripping and vandalizing many of these posters. While she has not been named a suspect, she has filed a lawsuit against Smolinski family. If you have information concerning this case, please contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation in New Haven at (203)777-6311. There is a fifteen thousand dollar reward.

Billie's family early on the investigation was victimized by so-called psychics looking for money to find him. To read more about this please visit

For more information about this case, please click here


A Late Night Stroll Turns Fatal

Fifty-one year old Mark Lewis had been no stranger to the state of Connecticut. For three years he lived in the comfortable suburb of Simsbury until he moved to Ohio in 1997. In September of 1999, during a three day business trip in Hartford, he took a late night stroll from the Sheraton Hotel at which he was staying. As he walked on Albany Avenue, an area known for drug sales and criminal activity, he got into a confrontation with a man and a woman near the corner of Chestnut Street. There was an escalation leading to Lewis being punched in the shoulder and falling to the sidewalk. He suffered a fatal brain hemmorhage shortly after hitting the ground. When paramedics found Lewis, his wallet and other valuables were still intact possibly ruling out robbery as a motive. A $35,000 dollar reward is being offered for the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for this crime. It's been over two years and his wife and two children want to see justice for their husband and father. If you any information about this crime please contact the Hartford Police Department at 860-543-8720.


The Mystery of David Paul and Baby Girl Hope

January 2, 1988 was a cold, bitter day and while many people were busy recuperating from celebrating the New Year, a horrible death had just occurred. While walking along a wooden path in the southern part of Meriden, a woman thought she saw a little doll wrapped in pink and white blankets nestled against a tree in an empty company parking lot. As the woman approached closer she made the startingly discovery that it was a dead 7 1/2 pound blue eyed, blonde haired boy. The newly born infant had died from the extreme cold in a few short hours. The boy was given the name, David Paul by a pastor at a local church. The name means beloved little man. It's been almost twenty years, since David Paul's lifeless body was found. It is suspected that he was abandoned by a female (most likely his mother) and police are looking to find her. There is a 20,000 dollar reward being offered in this case. If you have any information about the death and abandonment of David Paul, please call the Meriden Police Department at 203-634-3784.

This article by Meriden Record Journal talks about the annual grave service that is held every year for David Paul

1988 was not a good year in Connecticut for abandoned babies. Another baby was found in Meriden dead and the mother arrested. At the old Farmington Valley Mall in Simsbury, a baby girl was left in a dumpster. A man heard the cries of what he thought was a cat and came across the new born child. The biological mother of the little girl w(who survived) worked at the mall and was arrested. However, the case of Baby Girl Hope who was found dead in October of 1988 has yet to be resolved. Her remains were found in a knotted garbage bag by a fire station on Whitney Avenue in New Haven. Due to the decomposition of the body, her race and cause of death were never able to be determined. The only clue was a note that had written on it, "Please take care of her." The little girl was buried in St. Bernard Cemetery in the city where she was found.

If you have any information as to who Baby Hope Girl might be, contact the New Haven Police Department at (203) 946-6333.

Police Still Looking For Killers of Young Man

Charles French a twenty one year old man was shot to death in the Asylum Hill section of Hartford at 366 Laurel Street on November 15, 2011. He was walking home at 11:15 p.m. on the phone with a friend, when the person on the other end heard him saying him saying “I don’t have anything leave me alone.” A scuffle ensued, then silence. French was shot in the back of the head. French was a hardworking young man who was not involved in any criminal wrongdoing. French was a victim of a robbery that went wrong. Police believe there may be more than one person involved and that several people witnessed the killing and many others know who is responsible.

If you have any information about this senseless murder, please call the Hartford Police Crimestoppers Tipline at 860-722-TIPS (8477).

SavageWatch Online resource to help keep people safe from online predators...

Famous Murders and Cold Cases You heard of Jack the Ripper but what about Jack the Stripper?

Conspiracy Cases and the Bizarre Unknown A pilot reports a UFO only to disappear without a trace

Connecticut Cold Cases Page 1 Several Girls and young women go missing, is there a connection?

Connecticut Cold Cases Page 2 A Hartford Teen Goes missing after he went riding his motorbike on some dirt trails.

Connecticut Cold Cases Page 3 Several Mob Murders have never been solved...

Missing Persons A teenage girl leaves her house in the middle of the night never to be seen again or has she?

Videos of Scammers being played Take a listen and laugh and learn.

Unidentified Persons A tshirt found on an unidentified woman has a clue that points to Connecticut.

Unidentified Persons Page 2 Did a dead hitchhiker gives a clue as to where he was from?

Rhode Island Cold Cases A phone caller taunts the mother of a missing woman.

Rhode Island Cold Cases Page 2 An exotic dancer plans to leave the industry and is slain.

Massachusett's Cold Cases The murder of an unidentified woman still haunts Cape Cod thirty years later.

Massachusett's Cold Cases Page 2 A brutal murder of a young European Au Pair murder still resonates through Boston.

Massachusett's Cold Cases Page 3 A Criminal Justice Major executed for selling drugs?

Vermont's Cold Cases A college student disappears before she is to take a final exam.

New Hampshire's Cold Cases A College student vanishes after a car accident.

Other Cases Who were some of the accomplices of a real life “Doctor Evil”?

New York Cold Cases Is Long Island being terrorized by several serial killers?

New York Cold Cases Page 2 A Teenaged Couple goes to a Rock Concert and end up missing...

New Jersey's Cold Cases Two teenagers are murdered after leaving for a trip to a nearby mall.

New Jersey's Cold Cases Page 2 A Brazilian Exchange Student goes missing.

Unsolved Hit and Run Cases A 30 year old hit and run death with a most unlikely suspect.

Maine's Cold Cases Thirty year old cold case of murdered hitchhiker still unsolved.

Texas Cold Cases The brother of a famous football is still missing more than a decade later.

California Cold Cases Justice eludes two forgotten victims of the infamous Altamont Speedway Concert.

Missouri Cold Cases Did Man killed outside of hunting lodge know his killer?

Southern US Cold Cases The murder of an Atlanta Policeman remains unsolved.

Mid-Atlantic US Cold Cases A former political aide to a powerful senator is killed by an unusual instrument.

MidWest US Cold Cases A horrible robbery turns into a massacre.

Western US Cold Cases Who is unidentified murder victim?

National and International Cold Cases A young mother in East St. Louis is brutally murdered and a man slain remains unidentified.

Possible Serial Killings An area near a stretch of highway has a grisly history.

Cold Cases Solved The Dinnertime Bandit is finally captured.

Tattoos on Unidentified Victims A Tattoo of a peach leads to more questions.

Safe Driver Tips for Teens How to keep safe.

Sex Offender Registries and Inmate Locators All Fifty States...

419 and Fake Phone Tech Scammers Assorted youtube videos of different people dealing with assorted scammers.

Email Database of Scammer's email addresses Look and see if the suspicious sender of an email you received is an actual scammer

Unidentified Pedophiles and Known Sex Crimes Fugitives Several man remain unidentified in an infamous doctor's collection of illegal child pornography.

Our Contact Page Do you want a case submitted? Comments?

free hit counter

Custom Search